This dish is great for a weeknight meal because doesn’t take a lot of time and it makes a lot so any leftovers can become lunch for another day. It’s also perfect to serve as a side dish alongside some chicken or steak. I definitely plan to make this again when I am back at my apartment for my final semester of college because this would be great to make to have for a few days even as a side dish.
Serves 4 people
Hands-on time 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
1 Cup quinoa
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
10 Ounces button mushrooms, quartered
2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 Bunch kale stems discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (I used baby kale because I like it better)
3/4 Cup dry white wine
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. And add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the kale, wine, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables over the quinoa
- Finish with Parmesan cheese and any garnish you want.
I really hope that you try out this recipe, I love cooking with quinoa because it keeps me full for a long time, so be on the lookout for more quinoa dishes like breakfast ideas!
Hope you are all having a great week. Please leave any requests below!!